<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 16, 2004


Call me a geek, but I'm fascinated by neurology. In high school I had to make the awfully difficult decision of whether to become a scientest or a theatrical artist. These two options may seem unrelated, but for me they were two sides of the human behavior coin. What makes people tick? Why do they act they way they do? I chose to chase the philosophy of drama and the thrill of collaborative expression, but I still tremble with excitement when a good neurological story falls in my lap.

The science of love

I get a kick out of you
Feb. 12, 2004
From The Economist print edition

Scientists are finding that, after all, love really is down to a chemical addiction between people

"Parts of the brain that are love-bitten include the one responsible for gut feelings, and the ones which generate the euphoria induced by drugs such as cocaine. So the brains of people deeply in love do not look like those of people experiencing strong emotions, but instead like those of people snorting coke. Love, in other words, uses the neural mechanisms that are activated during the process of addiction. “We are literally addicted to love,” Dr (Larry) Young observes."
read the article.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?