<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

ode to anonymity (i.e. not only unknown but also unacknowledged)

weird night
tuesday night
longed for a brand new cloak of anonymity
and any way to get comfortable in the upsidedownpineapple atmosphere

It can be cool to go where everbody knows your name but not if they're all talkative strangers OK to buddy right up along side you
despite the drifting crankiness you can't seem to shake
and your desire to dissolve in a magical cloud of sparkling absence.

"I must have spoke to ever red head here," sighed the guy who had been looking for me.
He seemed only to want the right face to put to the name someone had mistakenly given him when he asked who the girl was reading poetry.
He stood and gazed at me and smiled blankly, as if I was supposed to do the talking.
And either expose myself as a match for the "Kittybelle" that had taken shape in his mind as he embarassed himself in front of this informal collection of red heads
or bore or impress or offend or tickle him in an altogether unexpected sort of way.

It wasn't long after that I went home.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?