<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Excerpt from The Secret Diaries of Kitty Burbank, Chapter 14

After two dizzy nights of intensely gutteral dreams, I've begun to wonder whether going to bed cold stone sober is really worth it. OK, so maybe I have been suffering from a serious deficency of real-time intimacy, but I'm perfectly happy to ignore it with my eyes wide open. The REM-instensified world that my neglected wishing self has insisted on isn't fading with the dawn. It's following me through the day. Invading the daydreams that I used to have comfortably under control. Catching me off-guard, leaving me haunted and breathless at vulnerable moments. My dreaming mind cannot be allowed to overpower my conscious mind. Demons of desire be gone.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?