<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My New Favorite Word

LACTIVIST (i.e. lactation activist)

I kind of just like to say it though I agree that it's a downright shame women are encouraged to make a sexual statement with their breasts in every sphere of life, but goddess forbit they use the things the way nature intended, in their truely empowering, nurturing most magical way.
Personally I find it ironic that many of those opposed to public breast feeding are probably conservative christians also promoting intelligent design.

I can't believe I just heard about the "lact-in" protest that found 200 pissed off moms outside ABC shortly after May 18 when Barbara Walters said on The View that sitting near a breastfeeding mother on an airplane made her "feel nervous."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?